First and foremost, we need to understand your medical and health history. Unfortunately, many health problems can mimic disorders of the spine and, as such, we will discuss your history in some detail. This will be followed by a comprehensive examination in order to make the most accurate diagnosis.
The initial consultation will usually take between 45 minutes and 1 hour, depending upon the complexity of your case. Whilst a physical examination is very important, your modesty will always be preserved, and gowns are provided if required. Please be assured that if we do not think that we can help you, or if our examination reveals any additional concerns, we will refer you appropriately and liaise with your general practitioner on your behalf.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
While some patients do come with a referral from their general practitioner or specialist, it is certainly not necessary. However, Central Coast Chiropractic is always keen to collaborate with your medical team (where appropriate) to ensure that you get the best care possible.
WILL I NEED X-RAYS, MRI OR OTHER TESTS?
It is not necessary for you to undergo any X-rays or other tests before consulting with us. Diagnostic imaging such as X-rays, CT and MRI will only be acquired if clinically indicated. Our location allows us to work closely with a number of excellent imaging facilities.
The cost of plain film X-rays is largely covered by Medicare (Australian residents only), usually with no out-of-pocket expense. MRI scans are not claimable under Medicare (except when referred by a medical specialist), however, our local imaging centres have very competitive rates and can generally accommodate our patients on short notice upon our referral.
Our consultation fees are designed to allow us to provide the highest quality care at the most affordable out of pocket cost to our patients. Our fees vary depending upon the nature of your visit and the time required.
– We are recognised by all major heath funds and we have electronic health fund rebates and Medicare Easyclaim facilities that allow you to pay for your consultation and claim your rebate immediately (HICAPS).
– We accept workcover cases, RTA and veterens’ affairs
– If you are referred by your general practitioner for ‘Individual Allied Health Services Under Medicare’ then you can claim a significant portion of your fees from Medicare (up to a maximum of 5 visits per year). You will need to talk to your GP about the appropriate referral.
– We are BUPA ‘Members First’ providers
– We are happy to discuss a concessional fee if necessary.
Please feel free to contact us if you require any further information.
WILL I BE TREATED ON MY FIRST VISIT?
At your first visit, our priority is to make the most accurate diagnosis possible. This determines the best course of treatment, or the most appropriate referral to another clinician if required. So, these consultations involve a comprehensive history and discussion, a thorough examination, and a review of any available medical imaging. All being well you will generally receive treatment at the time of your first consultation – so long as it is safe and appropriate to do so.